What Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
SumIt strives to be fair and open about the way we collect information about you and what we intend to do with the information.
If you choose to use the Service, we may collect all or any of the following information:
- Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information and documentation that you provide to us that can be used to identify you, members of your family, other dependents or your business. We collect Personal Information from you that you voluntarily provide to us or permit us to obtain when you contact or interact with us, to request or utilize our services and, more generally, in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available through the Service, or otherwise, from time to time. Core to SumIt’s business is helping you with your financial management, either personally or as part of your freelancing business. In order to provide you with our services, SumIt may collect any or all of the following information (without limitation) either directly from you or from other sources with your consent:
- Contact information (e.g., name, address, phone number, e-mail address, IP address)
- Financial account information (e.g., name and type of accounts with financial institutions, financial transactions)
- Employment or other professional information
- Demographic information
- Geo-location information
- Information regarding household
- Information regarding income, gains, expenses, losses and credits
- Other tax return information
- Income & Spending patterns
- Account amounts, including changes and trends in such amounts
- Jobs information (e.g., project name, duration, income amounts, project characteristics, time spent)
- Client information (e.g., client name, contact information, history of projects)
- Finally, Personal Information also includes financial account information, such as bank account or credit card information, that you may voluntarily provide to us if you are purchasing one of our products or services, including a subscription service. Providing such information to us is governed by our Terms of Service. We do not maintain or store any such financial account information; instead, when you provide that information to purchase one of our products or services, the payment information is processed through a third-party provider. We only use providers that we understand adhere to appropriate industry standards (such as Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards, or PCI-DSS).
- Aggregate Information.“Aggregate Information” is information that cannot be used to identify you, such as the type of browser and computer or mobile device you are using, technical information about your means of connecting to our Service (e.g., the operating system and the Internet or mobile service providers utilized), information about other websites you have recently visited, your site activity, and the time and date of your visit, and other similar information. Aggregate Information may be collected when you visit or interact with our Service, independent of any information you voluntarily enter.
- Cookies. A cookie is a data file placed on a device (such as your computer or smartphone) when it is used to visit our Service. Cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools that are available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some but not all instances can be blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options in this regard. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies on your device, some parts of our Service might not function properly, and that when you revisit our Service your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
What Do We Do With the Information We Collect?
- Aggregate Information. We use Aggregate Information for a variety of purposes, such as to understand how our users as a group use the Service, to improve the Service, to personalize user experience, and to process transactions. We also use Aggregate Information to track numbers of visitors to our site and numbers of visitors to various sections of our site for the purpose of determining trends and user needs. Aggregate information is analyzed and used as input to help us improve our site. No personally identifiable information is available or used in this process.
When Do We Provide Information to Third Parties?
We may use third party service providers to perform certain services on our behalf on the Service, such as hosting the Service, tracking the Service’ activities and analytics, and performing other administrative services. We also use third party processor to process any financial account information you provide to us if you purchase our services for the purposes of fulfilling the transactions you have requested, and to assist us in analyzing your personal information so we can improve our services and market services that may be relevant to you. We may provide these service providers with access to user information, including Personal Information, solely to the extent necessary to carry out the services they are performing. These third-party service providers are not authorized to retain, share, store or use the Personal Information for any purposes other than to provide the services they have been hired to provide.
We may use your Financial Information to generate offers for financial products and services from our marketing partners that may be of interest to you. It is always your choice whether or not to apply for an offered product or service and we will never submit an application for a financial product or service on your behalf without your express consent. If you choose to pursue any of the offers that the Services present to you, you may be asked if you would like the Services to pass on your PII and relevant Financial Information to the third-party marketing partner as a convenience. For example, if the Services generate an offer from a third-party loan provider for you, the Services may give you the option of moving forward with that offer within the App, and if you agree to do so, the Services will pass your PII and relevant Financial Information to that third-party loan provider to speed up the process of your application.
- Analytics. We use analytics services to help us understand how users use our Service, so that we may improve and market our services.
Without limiting the above, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your Personal Information to third parties: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process if in our good faith opinion such is required or permitted by law; (ii) to protect and/or defend the policies applicable to the Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Service or any third party; and/or (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
We reserve the right to disclose and transfer all user information: (a) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Service or applicable database; or (b) in connection with a merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
Do You Retain and Delete My Data?
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected and processed, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, accounting or reporting requirements. In some circumstances, we may anonymize your Personal Information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case it is no longer Personal Information. We will retain, destroy, or dispose of your data in accordance with our data retention policy, consistent with applicable law.
Will You Contact me by Phone or Email?
We may send you certain communications relating to use of our Service, such as administrative and service announcements, via email, phone, or text (including SMS).
We may also market our services through the use of email, phone or text. This may include inviting you to participate in a referral or marketing program.
You may opt out of email communications at any time. We will not contact you via phone or text unless you explicitly consent to such communications. You may opt out of email, phone, and text communications at any time, including by contacting us at support@mySumIt.com.
How Do I Change My Information And Communications Preferences?
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you submit to us. You may provide updates and changes by contacting us at support@mySumIt.com. If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably practicable.
What if I am Using SumIt on Behalf of a Business?
If you are using SumIt on behalf of a business, you are responsible to obtain all appropriate consents and authorizations to collect and enter Personal Information through the Service. SumIt is not responsible for any failure to obtain such consents and authorizations, and by using the Service in this way, you are representing that you have all lawful and appropriate bases to obtain and provide the Personal Information of other parties.
What Should Parents Know About Children?
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from individuals younger than the age of eighteen (18). We will delete any Personal Information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of eighteen (18). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of eighteen (18) and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us at support@mySumIt.com.
What About Security?
SumIt is deeply committed to the integrity and security of your and your client’s Personal Information. SumIt uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use Personal Information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide Personal Information at your own risk.
Please note that your PII may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide your PII to us, we may transfer your PII to the United States and process it there.
What if I am a California Resident?
Nevertheless, if you are a California resident, please be advised that we do not sell your information (as the word “sale” or “sell” is defined under the CCPA). Further, we will honor the following rights, subject to reasonable limitations consistent with our lawful and legitimate business needs and interests:
- Your request for access to Personal Information that we possess that pertains to you;
- Your request that we delete any Personal Information that pertains to you.
To request access to your Personal Information or deletion of your Personal Information, please contact support@mySumIt.com Once we have received your request, we will respond to you promptly to confirm your request and to advise you of the actions we will take in response to your request.
We do not honor “do not track” signals.
We authorize the collection of personally identifiable information from our users for third party use through advertising technologies.
What if I am in the UK, the European Union, or Switzerland?
SumIt does not have an establishment in the UK, the European Union or Switzerland; it monitors data subjects in those jurisdictions; and it does not market its Services in those jurisdictions. SumIt is thus not subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any other data protection law in these jurisdictions.
Nevertheless, individuals from these jurisdictions should be aware that any data provided to us is transmitted to and processed in data centers located in the United States.
Although we are not subject to these (or any non-U.S.) data protection laws, if you are a resident in these jurisdictions, we will honor the following rights, subject to reasonable limitations consistent with our lawful and legitimate business needs and interests:
- Your request for an accounting of all Personal Information that we possess that pertains to you in an electronically portable format (e.g., electronic copies of information attached to an email).
- Your request that we correct or update any Personal Information that pertains to you;
- Your request that we delete any Personal Information that pertains to you; and
- Your full or partial withdrawal of your consent to the collection, processing, and/or transfer of your Personal Information.
To request an accounting of your Personal Information, a correction or update to your Personal Information, deletion of your Personal Information, or to withdraw your consent to the collection, processing, and/or transfer of your Personal Information, please contact support@mySumIt.com. Once we have received notification that you withdraw your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for further processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Will This Policy Change?
Questions or Concerns
Last Updated: June 2022